Mango Peach EYHO Rice Squares|
(EYHO = Eat Your Heart Out)
created by Sally Lukash - Natural Foods Chef
- ½ cup Brown Rice Syrup*
- 2 Tbsp Cashew Butter
- 4-5 packets EYHO Peach Wedges with Mango
- 2 cups Brown Rice Cereal
- 3 Tbsp Toasted Shredded Coconut*
- ¼ cup Dried Pineapple (Cut into pieces)
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds *
- Lightly oil a 7" x 11" pyrex pan.
- Heat rice syrup and cashew butter in a large pot until cashew butter blends with rice syrup for about one minute; then turn off heat.
- Add EYHO Peach Wedges with Mango; cut into pieces (It's best to use a food processor and to use the pulse button).
- Add 2 Cups of Brown Rice Cereal and mix.
- Pour into an oiled pyrex pan and pre-cut with knife into squares.
- Refrigerate for an hour to settle.
Makes approximately 25 - 30 squares
- Lightly oil liquid measuring cup first before adding the rice syrup; this will enable the rice syrup to pour moore smoothly.
- When toasting an ingredient, it's best to use a dry skillet (ideally cast-iron, which retains heat better). Keep an eye on the coconut and sesame seeds - they burn easily. Once aromatic, they are ready for use.
EAT YOUR HEART OUT'S crunchy Apple Cinnamon and Peach mango wedges combine 21st century freeze-drying technology and gourmet taste to create a healthy snack alternative. The old adage "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" may be more than just an old wives' tale. Apples contain strong antioxidant compounds called flavonoids that have been linked to fighting certain types of cancer. Freeze-dried peaches and apples are a good source of Vitamin C and contain many of the phytochemicals that scientsts believe help to neutralize free radicals. Promote the "Five-a-Day Habit" of consuming 5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day - and do it the EAT YOUR HEART OUT! way! These snacks are great for the kids. They can also be used in the above recipe to add a unique touch to entertaining. When you create your own dishes using EAT YOUR HEART OUT! products, please write to me. I'd love to hear from you!
- Low Calorie
- No Cholesterol
- Low or No Sodium
- Low or No Fat
- Heart Healthy!
- Soybeans are Non-GMO
- 12-18 Month Shelf Life
- No Chemical Additives
- No Preservatives